Due to essential kitchen maintenance we shall be closed on Tuesday 12th and Wednesday 13th June 2018
SUNDAY LUNCH: Sundays we do things a little differently, please click here to see an example of our Sunday Lunch Menu and Light Lunch Menu.
We served cakes, cream teas and drinks all day!
We like to vary our menu dependent on the local produce and ingredients available, the dishes below are not the only dishes that we may have available, as these will change, but hopefully it gives you a 'flavour' of what we offer - please see the daily chalkboard when you visit the cafe, thank you. Dishes available are generally priced from around ££8.50 - £10.95.
- Crab Tart, with watercress, spinach and pea shoot salad. A peach and chilli chutney and lime dressing.
- Grilled Goats Cheese, with a fig and pinenut salad and honey dressing.
- Slow Roasted Belly Pork, with crushed new potatoes, buttered rainbow chard, ginger carrots, a gooseberry compact with a pork gravy.
- Butterfly Chicken. A butterflied chicken breast in pan fried breadcrumbs, served with slow roasted cherry tomatoes, buttered mash and green beans. Topped with a lemon and caper butter.
- In addition to the above, we will also have some of the old favourites:
- Cafe burger with smoked bacon and cheese served with fries and salad.
- The classic cod and chips with a choice of garden or mushy peas.
- Our own home-cooked ham, served with free range eggs and chips.
- Haytor Ploughmans: our version of the Ploughman's lunch. With a home-made Scotch egg, some of our home-cooked ham, local Haytor cheddar cheese, local chutney, salad and crusty bread.
We also offer sandwiches, jacket potatoes - and we always have cake and cream teas!
Our food showcases the very best of local produce, West Country butcher, local baker and local greengrocer. The ingredients are the very best: seasonal, local and from the surrounding area.
To book a table, please telephone: 01364 621 720.
**If your booking is for 10 people or more, we ask that you pre-order your food, we cook everything fresh, and with larger bookings to help make your visit run smoothly, pre-ordering just gives our chefs the opportunity to plan ahead and ensure everything is as you like it, thank you.